Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm currently in the design lab trying very hard not to get anything done.

Have you ever been in a creative slump? It's like, everything is coming out apples and oranges. Even this blog entry is already failing. I can feel it: no energy. (Even the Refresh Tazo tea isn't helping)

It's like, everything is in this weird dreamlike state that I can't break out of. And in this state, I suck at design.

This could just be the residual effect of the fact that the portfolio review I've been working for three years towards is six days away, in fact, that's probably the reason.
But how do I break out of that in time to prepare something decent?

Last night I tried British farce, lavender bubble bath, and Oscar Wilde but things still aren't flowing.

Tonight I'll probably try fancy dress, beer bowling, and hangovers.

I'll let you know if there are any positive (or more than likely, negative) results.

In other news, this morning, right before I exited that half-awake-half-asleep phase, I thought to myself:

"Why don't they make cups that you can drink out of sideways?"



Watching: 30 Rock
Reading: The Picture of Dorian Gray
Listening: The hum of computers

No comments:

Post a Comment